The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
APIL has campaigned for the rights of injured people for almost 30 years. The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) is a not-for-profit organisation, comprising around 3,500 member lawyers - mainly solicitors, barristers, and legal executives.
APIL is dedicated to preserving and enhancing access to justice, and improving the services provided for victims of personal injury. Over the years APIL has grown to become the leading, most respected organisation in this field, constantly working to promote and develop expertise in the practise of personal injury law, for the benefit of injured people.
The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers:
• Believes passionately that victims deserve committed, well trained lawyers to support their fight for justice;
• Understands that injured people can often be the most vulnerable in society and need help;
• Campaigns to make a tangible difference to the lives of injured people and society as a whole;
• Reassures victims and acts fairly with honesty and integrity;
• Drives up standards in personal injury law and process, encouraging innovation and efficiency;
• Is `not for profit` and does not seek to make money out of the misfortune of injured people;
• Treats law as a rewarding vocation, not a job, and encourages its members to thrive in their work.
APIL provides accreditation for personal injury lawyers to reassure injured people that they have chosen a sufficiently competent lawyer to assist with their claim.
There is a plethora of other membership benefits, including subsidised training, information exchange and opportunities to network.