Outsourcing your firms' transcription needs will save your legal practice money!
Legal practices who believe that having fee earners type their own documents are waking up to the fact that they are losing out on valuable chargeable time as a result. It is common practice for fee earners to spend a considerable amount of time typing (attendance notes, emails and documents), as well as doing other administrative tasks. OutSec allows you to take control and take back lost chargeable hours.
Dictating a document is more cost-efficient for the simple fact that we can all talk considerably faster than we can type giving fee earners more time to increase those all-important chargeable hours.
As an example:
- A Grade A Solicitor (at £409 per hour) who spends two hours typing their own documents/emails could lose their firm up to £497 in chargeable time (as opposed to dictating and outsourcing their transcription needs to OutSec). A Grade D lawyer (at £138 per hour) could lose their firm up to £136.
OUTSEC PROVIDES A SIMPLE SOLUTION:
Our typing service is simple and easy to use. By downloading our free dictation app, you can turn your smartphone into a digital recorder. From there it is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Record your dictation.
- Upload it to OutSec's secure server.
- Receive the transcribed files back via Filemanager or your case management system.
With OutSec there are:
- No contracts;
- No monthly fees;
- No minimum spend.
- Accounts are free to open.
You are charged on a per-minute of dictation basis (rounded up to the nearest minute) on a pay-as-you-go basis.
OUTSEC BENEFITS LEGAL PRACTICES OF ALL SIZES:
Sole practitioners, small law firms and Barristers use OutSec as they often require typing assistance on a pay-as-you-go basis. This is because OutSec provides a cost-effective alternative to employment.
Medium to large legal practices use OutSec to:
- Reduce secretarial staff (completely or partially). As a consequence, this reduces the need for expensive office space;
- Provide an effective solution to enable your fee earning staff to work remotely or to enable you to offer attractive flexible working thus providing further opportunities to reduce expensive office space or increasing your fee earner headcount;
- Provide additional support to meet demand at times of high workloads. The beauty of OutSec is that it can flex to meet your business demands quickly and easily;
- Provides a business continuity solution to enable law firms to access secretarial staff in times of absences or for upscaling support as the firm grows without the need for employing additional staff (or vice versa).
Since its inception in 2002, OutSec has taken confidentiality, data protection and security very seriously. This is why we employ bank-level data security to ensure that your law firm's data remains safe and confidential at each stage of the transcription process.
OutSec is also one of a few transcription companies in the UK to hold:
- ISO 27001 certification: an international standard that deals with data security, protection and confidentiality; and
- Cyber Essentials certification:- a UK standard that deals with cybersecurity and data protection which is required for all HM Government contracts dealing with sensitive and confidential data.
These are more than just logos. They demonstrate OutSec's ability as a firm, to meet GDPR requirements and to hold your firm's data safely and securely. Furthermore, these standards are independently audited annually.
This is one of the reasons why OutSec has been trusted by the Legal, Medical and Medico-Legal professions since 2002.
OUR LEGAL TRANSCRIPTION TEAM:
At OutSec we believe in having dedicated and experienced legal transcriptionists. For example, for each fee earner, we would allocate two experienced legal secretaries to carry out their work. This makes our offering unique to other transcription companies in the market (where work is often farmed out randomly to huge banks of typists). This allows your dedicated typists to build a bond in the same way as an in-house secretary would.
All our legal transcriptionists have had extensive experience in the legal profession, ensuring that all your documents are typed to the highest standard.
We ask for a minimum of 10 years of experience from all our legal transcriptionists to ensure we have the best team possible. We cherry-pick the best typists; rather than being limited to those legal secretaries "within a commutable vicinity".
Many of OutSec's legal transcription team have qualifications such as CILEx or London Chamber of Commerce and Industry's Legal Secretary qualifications. This makes OutSec`s legal team one of the best in the industry.
At OutSec we can transcribe standard single voice audio dictations as well as multi-voice dictations (such as conferences with clients/counsel, partnership meetings, team meetings, webinars, podcasts, as well as disciplinary or grievance meetings).
Furthermore, we offer copy typing and proofreading services, as well as a fix and format service, where we can re-format documents to meet in-house styles.
Telephone: 01366 348 088
For more details on our services, or if wish to have a free consultation in relation to potential cost savings, please do not hesitate to contact Mark via his direct dial on 0208 123 3422.
If you wish to open a free OutSec account, you can do so via our website: https://www.outsec.co.uk
If you are visiting LegalEx, please come and see us at stand 532!
Address7A Corn Exchange
When we think of outsourcing transcription, we often think about the savings achieved by getting the work done at a lower cost. However, what are the other benefits for law firms?
The question on the mind of all managing partners and practice managers is: how can we increase those elusive chargeable hours? Is there a quick easy win?
The OutSec app is a free recording app for OutSec customers, which allows dictation to be sent securely to OutSec’s secure servers for transcription by OutSec Legal Transcriptionists.